View Single Post
Old 2008-07-14, 14:28   Link #22
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by getfresh View Post
That is fairly unneeded these days since the advent of tokyo tosho listing bt trackers for raws. If it were harder than googling a new series name the day or day after it is released as it was in the old days, sure I'd go into it, but it isn't. If they want special raws like .ts or vobs they are pretty much on their own unless they hit tokyo tosho. I can't give access or info into where I get most of my raws since I get them from private groups. If you have more input into that section of the process that is general feel free to share it. I just don't see what else needs saying beyond that.
Well I would just put contact info to the private groups you get your raws from. It's just that the all inclusive openness goal, it would seem to me that basically someone should be able to come in and re-create the process that your group uses in particular, not having to substitute for some alternative for certain bits like raw getting. If you get raws from a non-public source, you should explain where this source is and how one could arrange getting raws from there too by providing contact information. Otherwise there's still this air of "well, there's some secret place we get our raws that you can't use" to it that feels like it goes against the concept.

It's like if you said you use some program to create karaoke for the show, but then don't say what program it is or where you could download it from,
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote