View Single Post
Old 2008-08-19, 05:55   Link #3023
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Oh, and with regards to the 2ch browser thing, with the aid of a proxy, the 2ch browser is a great way to post comments or art on 2ch and/or get around not being able to post comments on 2ch.

It's a nice addon, doing what some of what the firefox 4chan addon does, such as quick replies and showing the last few replies of a thread. It also offers image thumbnails is you scroll over an image link.

FIRSTLY, IF YOU CANNOT POST: GO HERE FOR A PROXY. Preferably a JP or HK one. Make sure the tab next to it reads (700 Success)

Next, go firefox's advanced -> network -> manually configure proxy. Paste the proxy IP and port. Then try to access google to test whether it works.

Now for the 2ch browser....yes...

What to do:

Spoiler for procedure:

Also, disclaimer, this is only for firefox 2.00 and revisions, not Firefox 3 (which, IMO, is annoying). I believe ando knows of a standalone app though. I ca use this simply 'cause I have a dual boot environment. >_>

As for ASCII art, this helps too, but make sure that in Firefox's options -> content -> fonts -> advanced, you have MS PGothic or Mona set for serif, sans serif and monospace and sans serif set for Proportional. Otherwise it can display odd.

Most of this is from last year with a revised warning or two, so it was all Agent86 and AVPlaya. >_>

And now, back to more eternal sonata while I await the day's results~

Hope this helps!