View Single Post
Old 2008-08-28, 10:30   Link #19953
darthfury78

I think that Code Geass should end on a reset that could revert back to Episode 21 of season 1 before Euphemia was accidently geassed. I now believe that the first half of R2 was nothing more than a reintroduction of the Ashford Cast, that was forced upon the Sunrise Executives so that the younger pre-teen audience could see this series for the first time and go out and buy the CG Robots. I am not sure if the toys are doing that well; but it might have been the worst idea that they could ever think of.

It's like turning Golgo 13 into a TV show for kids.

The producers should go ahead and produce the series in the format that it was meant to be, which would have made it into a better series. There was one example of an anime that had the same problem when the creator/director wasn't satisfied with the first season. Thus when he was allowed to retell the series, the way he wanted it to be, it did much better than the first version. Code Geass is doing well enough for Sunrise to allow the series creators to retell the saga the way it was suppose to happen. But it would have to get its late night timeslot back.