View Single Post
Old 2008-09-04, 23:18   Link #85
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I'm sure many of the people who say "I would scream and deliver him to the police!!! Or grab my .357 and SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE!!! I AM AN HERO, WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!" haven't ever been in such a situation before.
Trial by fire and learning from mistakes

I can't say much about being robbed since that hasn't happened with me, but I can sure as hell tell you how to react to an assault since I've been through that (Even though things didn't good for me, I'd know what to do know)...I can be safe to say that if I've been assaulted, I can assume what it's like to be robbed by merely thinking about having my possessions taken from me after the assault...

Of course those that think about playing the hero role in such situations don't think in realistic terms...Read any gun magazine like NRA's American Rifleman, and when people like law enforcement officers write articles that teach you proper self-defense techniques, they want you first and foremost to think tactical and smart, and not gung-ho "YEAH, FUCK 'EM UP", since the latter mindset can kill you more than it can save you...

Oh, and the thing with dogs is that they probably don't offer protection as much as they provide an alert...Unless you own a large and rabid pit bull that doesn't know the damn difference between a trespasser and it's owner, a dog's barking makes for a good effect in letting you know that there are some unwanted guests in the house (Granted you don't have the kind of dog that will bark at random because they hear noises in their head when they chew hard food >_< )...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote