View Single Post
Old 2008-09-07, 20:06   Link #2096
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
Shipping is pretty nasty. Sometimes, I wish I never found this place, just so I can watch Macross without thinking "Man, I wonder what those Sherylsheep are gonna say about so and so" and "well I'm gonna have to go through 20 pages of Sheryl fans blowing their load because of this scene". I'm sure my attitude about Sheryl would've been different if it weren't all this worshipping I read daily on these forums...but it's too hard to look away. It's addicting feeding my disgust for some reason.
You know what? I agree with you. I take offense to the "Sherylsheep" remark, but all this artillery coming from both sides of the fence makes it harder to really enjoy the show. I thought fans were supposed to get along with each other via a common interest? Some comments are so venomous I wonder if the poster even enjoys the program at all. It's a fictional story for God's sake. And being a Sheryl fan, the acid coming from certain Ranka fans just makes me like her even less. The only characters we're supposed to hate are the villains!