View Single Post
Old 2008-09-10, 04:01   Link #114
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226 View Post
Being from a poor family, I've never traveled a lot. I've only been around the southeast U.S (been in every part of Florida countless times).

But I would love to visit Ireland, England, and Italy. Those are my prime destinations once I graduate with my Aerospace Engineering degree.

I also will probably hit up the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.
I'll point you your misato quote in your signiture, in regards to the financial situation and not being able to travel.
Trust me, if you wanna go someone in like the summer break, even if it takes 1 year, you'll work whatever hours you have time to breathe, save up and go regardless.

As for you peeps, well those in Britain (or those in Europe with cheap options to get to london then flight out)
BA World Sale
No excuse, none, the travel dates are from this month onwards, if you click the +, you can see some periods are cheaper than others, eg:
NY = £299 (if you're a member or sign up then it becomes £280)

Tokyo:
£513 rtn -> 25 Oct 08 - 09 Dec 08
£513 rtn -> 25 Dec 08 - 31 Mar 08

To put this in perspective for you.
I went to Japan in 2004 = £550 (normal price)

I checked out prices for 4 airlines this year for Tokyo, BA = £745
Reason being cause of recession and lack of oil, as you can see airline companies are either going bankrupt or struggling real bad or merging to make ends meet.

As a result cause no one is flying, so BA this year have slashed prices to the Far East so stupidly far (like £513, i've never in my life seen anything like it)
You'd be insane to not take it.

If you've always said 'i wanna visit japan but no money' better book before September 23rd, borrow that £515 if you must *laughs*
You have until march 31st 2009 to fly out and return, you may be a little lucky to catch some sakura mid bloom or something if you leave at the end of March.

There is a typo on the website but i tried and example for feb-march 09, and ended up with this:
Quote:
Flight: Departing Heathrow (London), 23 Feb 2009
Total price (GB Pounds, GBP, £) £497.50
Flight itinerary
Outbound - Monday 23 Feb, 2009
Leave 12:35 23 Feb
Arrive 09:10 24 Feb
Heathrow (London) Narita (Tokyo) BA0005
British Airways World Traveller

Inbound - Tuesday 3 Mar, 2009
Leave 11:15 3 Mar
Arrive 14:25 3 Mar
Narita (Tokyo) Heathrow (London)
(i'm a member so its £20 off for me)
No i don't work for BA, lol.
Me and my friends tend to travel a lot so we always swap info on the latest deals, i just saw orchunter's post and decided to say something as inspiration, in case anyone has been debating with themselves for a while now, this is a little push for you

My final year of uni saw me take 2 part time jobs (i had one, i took another @ min wages) and try to finish my degree... i recommend you take 1, lol.
But I went to America for 3 weeks in two diff states for it and only had less than five months to make that money. (Accomodation, insuarance which is more exp than going anywhere in the world, US has its own class in the UK -.-, spending money for food, travel, souvieneers etc etc)

Like I said, if you really wanna go somewhere, you'll go.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2008-09-10 at 04:35.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote