View Single Post
Old 2008-10-05, 01:30   Link #16062
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Are any of the manga OR novels canon w/ the anime (like the picture dramas and more serious audio dramas)?
None of the mangas are canon to the TV series. I haven't seen or heard enough of the light novels to know if any are canon.

Only things I have heard that are canon are the Picture Dramas. The audio dramas I think are a different story since on a few occasions they tend to play with events. Like the one of Shirley working up the courage to ask Lelouch to the concert. Though they both pretty much started and ended the same way.
There is also the R2 audio drama where all the girl in the cast, except TainZi, talk about the sports that Lelouch could beat Suzaku in.
So I guess it's safe to say that the Picture Dramas are canon, but the Audio Dramas are a mixed bag.

I think the audio drama "A Woman's Battle" could be considered canon, because Tamaki and C.C. kind of make a reference to the events in the episode 19 or 20 of the first season.
Tamaki made a comment about how 'Zero's mistress' has no right to be giving orders, or butting in on official business; and C.C. remarks how she's already told him he's wrong. Prior to that scene I don't believe he had accused her of being Zero's mistress in a scene on the show.

That's one Audio Drama I wish they would of made into a Picture Drama if just for some of the funny reactions we could of gotten of Kallen.

I did hear that these "bokurano hibi" short stories are canon, but I haven't confirmed with a reliable source.
http://rebeleleven.livejournal.com/tag/bokura+no+hibi
They have some nice ones of Kallen.
There is one of Kallen talking with Nunnally, Kallen fantasizing about Zero, Kallen being 'molested' by Milly, and one where Lelouch is purposely teasing Kallen.

Last edited by FoxxFireArt; 2008-10-05 at 01:41.
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote