Phoenix-kun
confused

Send a message via ICQ to Phoenix-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khar
1. Age:
2. Location (just country is fine):
3. Gender*:
4. Do you consider yourself to be an anime fan?
5. If yes, how much of one? (if no, why are you answering this? o.o)
6. Do you generally associate yourself with the shounen/shojo anime/manga genre of your gender (shounen = stereotypically "male", containing action, adventure, fights, etc. [examples: Naruto, InuYasha, DBZ]; shojo = stereotypically "female", containing romance, humor, "cutesy" characters [examples: Fushigi Yuugi, Chobits, Sailor Moon]?
7. Why or why not?
8. Do you think anime is becoming more mainstream where you are?
9. Why or why not?
10. What do you see for the "future" of anime where you are, that is, will every show become as popular as Pokemon? "Gotta jutsu 'em all" maybe? o.O Or will anime remain a somewhat-underground "geeky" pastime?
11. Speaking of stereotypes, is anime still a geeky pastime? This may tie in the "becoming mainstream" question, but perhaps not.
12. Why or why not?
13. If you could get rid of that stereotype of only geeks watching anime, the geeks that can't get girlfriends and can't get a life, would you want to?
14. Why or why not?
15. Will anime becoming more mainstream get rid of that stereotype, you think?
16. Why or why not?
17. Lastly, if there was anything you could say to the general mainstream television audience (think American Idol and Survivor fans here if need be) regarding anime and its sometimes-associated stereotypes, what would it be?

1. 16
2. Germany
3. male
4. in a way
5. not that fanatic one. I enjoy watching some Anime, but that's all.
6. o,O? (sorry, I just can't understand this question //^_^, )
7. O,o?
8. well, for the younger audience there is Beyblade or Yu-Gi-Oh, for the older audience Hellsing, Cowboy Bebop or Escaflowne.
But all in all, Anime is not that popluar. It is seen as a comic, something for children.
But on the other hand, there are kids "fighting" with their Yu-Gi-Oh Trading Cards or playing with their Beybades while shouting: "Let it riiiip" -_-
9. see above

10. I'm not that sure. There was a time when Pokémon was "cool" among the kids, after that it was Dragon Ball. Shows like Cowboy Bebop were not that popluar. So as long as the series is something like Dragon Ball, Poké/Digimon Yu-Gi-Oh etc. it will become popluar. (lol I think I didn't answer this according to the question, but ... the heck ...)
11. Here in Germany it is, except for the Poké/ Dragon Ball shows. I can't stand for other countries though.
12. Beats me, maybe because people don't give anime a chance. But don't forget they aren't obligated to.
13 & 14. Well, I'm not an outsider because I am watching anime. My friends are living with it, also the females ones. They all treat me like a friend.

15. I hope not
16. Think for yourself, would it be still fun watching anime when everyone else is wacthing it ? Even though I sometimes miss someone with who I could talk about some series, I still prefer it the way it is now here.
Imagine, everyone in your social surrounding is talking about Naruto, like it is in a lot of anime boards. This would be getting on my nerves.
17. hm, there isn't something special to say.

I tried hard, but I'm sorry for any grammatical mistakes, english isn't my first language, you know.