View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 11:37   Link #136
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There's a lot of great humor in the first few first episodes of the season. Hyakko is bizarre and subtle humor. Kannagi is beautifully animated and voiced humor. Kemeko Deluxe is hilariously animated off-the-wall humor and Macademi Wasshoi is completely off the ceiling.

Toradora, To Aru Majutsu no Index and AkaSaka will have to make their points with personality and relationship, for me, rather than humor, but they were enjoyable, too. Especially Toradora and Index.

But first episodes can be misleading, or a style of humor can end up only being funny for a couple of episodes. I'll have a better idea what I think of these series after three episodes.

I would call Kannagi's animation "visually stunning," myself. Balanced detail, with some hints of some staff-members' KyoAni origins, and excellent motion. I found the phrasing by the seiyuu "aurally stunning," too. Once again, it's not the memes that made this episode special, but the way they were executed. Nagi's version of kami-tsundere worked for me, too. Consider me jumped out at and grabbed, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-06 at 15:40.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote