View Single Post
Old 2008-10-09, 17:28   Link #308
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I'm sorry but I don't understand this statement. Care to explain that some more?
You answered your own question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I started out with the series being neutral with regard to the two female leads. Sheryl started as an arrogant star who seems to think too much of herself, whereas Ranka started out as just another loli trying to vie for my attention with her cute looks. As the episodes rolled by, it was Sheryl's image who improved and got developed the most for me.
Yeah, Sheryl and Ranka were both supposedly just opposites of one another, but without any one of them being the primary emphasis of the triangle. As the series progressed, Sheryl tipped the balance of the pairing, and suddenly fans in Japan jumped on the AruSheri-boat, ignoring Kawamori's original intent for Ranka.

It also did not help when Sheryl not only shines as a character, but characters in association with her shine as well. Alto would have been a pretty dull character without Sheryl by his side, seriously.

It would not be too far off to say that Sheryl indeed carried the show.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote