View Single Post
Old 2008-10-09, 20:00   Link #316
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Just for reference Hiroshi Ohnogi is a Japanese screenwriter and novelist focusing on anime productions.

Ohnogi attended Keio University in the same years as mangaka Haruhiko Mikimoto and anime creator and designer Shoji Kawamori (I think they are friends).

He has worked as scriptwriter in:
SDF Macross
Macross Zero
RahXephon
Aquarion
Eureka Seven
Noein
Heat Guy J
Arjuna
Gundam (i´m not sure in which)

He worked in the first Macross series and Macross Zero, he joined to the Macross Frontier staff in episode 18, some links:
Hiroshi Ohnogi in Wikipedia
Hiroshi Ohnogi in ANN
the guy seems to be old school and believes in conclusive happy endings, just by looking at his previous work. notice he didn't work on Macross 7 and that Kawamori took the reigns back in the final episode for MF. too bad he was not allowed to do the script for the final episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
I'm sorry but I don't understand this statement. Care to explain that some more?

sheryl's popularity changed what Kawamori had planned for her. Even the staff that convinced Kawamori to change his vision saw the potential in sheryl while Kawamori didn't. He said that sheryl's purpose was to be a big sister for Ranka, but that someone in his staff convinced him to do some changes on her and they the fans liked them so much that he had to make more changes to her

Last edited by golthin; 2008-10-09 at 20:20.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote