View Single Post
Old 2008-10-12, 11:23   Link #4446
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
We're sick and tired of seeing you fabricating the importance of an unimportant character. You're almost as bad as D-KLAC with his rush-dub nonsense. You also tend to post statements that aren't true: Shirley WAS NOT dead by the time LelouchxMilly were resolved. She died in the following episode. Lelouch returning to Ashford to resolve MillyxLelouch after this event would have been pointless, because Milly was no longer in Ashford. We don't actually have a problem with you liking LelouchxMilly--we have a problem with you trying to make false statements about Milly's importance.
Milly lives in a private residence at the Ashford Academy site with her family not too far away from the school. And I have not made any false statements at all. It's called using my imagination to fill in the gaps. I mentioned that the Milly x Lelouch relationship didn't end when Shirley took his hat at Turn 12. Shirley WANTED Lelouch no matter what, and once she was in his world, she paid the price with her life. This was why he wanted to avoid Shirley. This matter of not pairing Shirley with Lelouch COULD have been resolved if his hat was given to Milly, had she not request that the student body bring his hat to her. This could have be the best route to take if Lelouch wanted to protect Shirley. But the writers decided to give a Shirley x Lelouch a send off at the end of Turn 12 because Shirley was going to die in the next episode. They could have done the same with Milly x Lelouch, which could have been a twist. But since they needed to get to the storyline plot as quickly as possible, they kept Milly around as a news reporter because the Ashford moments had ended for Lelouch at the end of Turn 12. Therefore there was no time to develop a Milly x Lelouch backup story to their relationship, just as there was no time to develop Cecil x Suzaku relationship. And this was assuming that the staff wasn't going to get another extension. There might be an extension to Code Geass that continues after S1, but not R2.

Just as everyone can state their opinions, true or not, I can come up with my own conclusions as well, even if I am wrong. But at least I can come up with a convincing argument. It's too bad that Milly x Lelouch had taken a back seat because there was no time for it. Some can say she was a waste of time because she was not as important as Shirley. But there was time to do both Milly and Shirley in their respected relationship to Lelouch. Milly kept her feelings a secret. If anything happened to Shirley, then Milly would have been there for Lelouch. But as some had said that it was unimportant because the writers needed to cover their story as quickly as possible. So a lot of issues was left out.

I glad that the writers killed off Lelouch because it puts an end to the debate of who he should have been his love interest. My only complaint was that if they had developed Milly x Lelouch in the same manner as Shirley x Lelouch, it would satisfied the Milly fans, who have now vanished. Unitil now, I was one of the few people who talked about Milly indepth because there was hardly anything posted about her in relation to C.C. and Kallen. There was hardly anything on the other characters as well, such as Miya and Chiba. I could have talked about them as well. But their appearance was even less apparent than Milly.

Until Code Geass came along, I never post my comments on any anime series unless it holds my interest, which is very rare. Code Geass was one of those shows that surprised me. I once thought that Milly was a lesbian. But I never thought that she was in love with Lelouch. It had disappointed me to see that it was not developed further from S1 because their interactions from R2 was more or less a repeat from the first season. It looked like that there was some hints that Milly would tell Lelouch how she felt about him before she left Ashford Academy. But I have the feeling that the writers had forgotten about her. This does happens sometimes. But I said all that it might not be possible to see the Milly x Lelouch matter resolved unless the next Sound Drama CD or the Picture Drama comes out that features Milly in it.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2008-10-12 at 11:37.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote