View Single Post
Old 2008-11-02, 19:46   Link #10206
Team Rocket Elite

Sure was. Rena pulled many more votes than that vs. Maria, so was completely caught off guard vs. Miyako who Rena could have easily defeated had she given it her all.

I think that was just Rena's fanbase underestimating her opponent. Miyako wasn't weak since she went on the nearly knock out Tomoyo and outdid her vote total against Rena. Miyako might have got some help from people trying to knock out Rena, but the bigger problem was Rena not bringing her A game against a powerful opponent.

Nanoha almost lost to Hiromi - somehow, I doubt she could pull 900votes with her own fanbase.

I'll agree that Hiromi did way too well, but in the she still lost.

Fuko defeates both Fate(1033 votes was largest vote total in rd. 2 besides Fuko, who defeated Fate) and Hanyuu(large fanbases) with absurd numbers, then completely falters against Tsukasa.(weak numbers vs. Haruka who defeated Rika, as well.)

Fuuko had weak numbers against Haruka, but so did Rika. Perhaps Haruka was not really considered a threat so fewer voters come out. In the end she wasn't. Also keep in mine Fuuko vs Hanyuu occured on the same day as Kyou versus Kagami which likely drew in a lot of Kyoto support. I don't think Fuuko is too far off Fate in terms of power. Strategic voting support or not, I think she had a shot at winning especially since Fate had to deal with a small handicap with Ginga in the battle.

In fact, all the Clannad characters lost a considerable amount of votes when against Kagami. Either Kyoani is It's own fanbase, or there was some dirty tactics going on.

I think it's because they were Kyoto Animation characters. It wasn't always Lucky Star beating on Clannad. Tomoyo managed to beat down Konata pretty badly as well.