View Single Post
Old 2008-11-19, 06:36   Link #12
Seiryuu

Great show once again, though still plagued by the annoying problems. For instance, they changed the solid fabric of the inn robes to a pattern that refuses to move with the cloth it's supposed to be on. Why can't they take a couple minutes to make the patterns move according to the fabric movement, or otherwise not put patterns in where they're really unnecessary? This way just looks bad. The other problem, which I saw less of, was the occasional tendency to overexaggerate expressions to comic levels. Akamatsu occasionally uses super deformation to enhance the expressions, but never to the level that these people do. Fortunately, it wasn't anywhere near as extreme as Makie's explosion in ep1 when she alerted Iinchou to the new club's existence.
On the plus side, the overall animation and design again holds very true to Akamatsu-sensei's work, with little in the way of story alteration.
Spoiler for The only change I caught:

The flashback scene was pretty well chosen. The one thing these chapters lacked was the high-power action to balance the romantic comedy, so they needed to bring something in. Hopefully the next one will have more real action again.
The exaggeration of characters' cleavage in Anya's perspective was pretty good, although it unfortunately reminded me of a doujin series that I refuse to read(If you've looked around for Negi doujins, I'm sure you'll find what I'm talking about real quick.) The sfx for Chizuru was perfect though.