View Single Post
Old 2008-12-16, 22:07   Link #521
Oyajitchi
Giroro's Bestest nakama

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Being in Japan, I'd like to ask a question: Do English dub voice actors/actresses have their radio shows about the anime or have fan events promoting the anime?

This is one of the interesting parts of the Japanese anime industry - there are lots of tie-ins to promote the sales of the DVDs. Do Anime released in the US have such promos? Or is just based on fansub popularity?
Well as far as I know living in New Jersey anime is only really bought by people who loved the fansubs of the anime online or if they happen to like the group who picked up the anime and started dubbing it into english. (Like Funimation for example)

In America there are random cons to go to and whatnot and if the con is highly popular, they will have promotions at the cons like flyers or english voice actor autographs or panel.

It would be neat if they had events on certant days that had like for instance Higurashi events one day or a radio show you can tune into that isn't a podcast you have to find on itunes, but anime isn't as popular as it is in Japan, so this will never happen.

The best we have are Cons that we go to that happen every so often.

My question:

Is Funimation planning (Or currently) redubbing Higurashi?

I heard rumors on youtube and such but didn't know if it was true. Gosh, I hope it is!