View Single Post
Old 2009-01-03, 06:17   Link #4
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Wahhh~ It's back!!! I didn't watch it yet (waiting for the subs), but I did watch the opening and ending themes.

The opening was how do you say it.....not Marimite. It didn't give the same feel of the anime like the other series, but then again...maybe it's cause the same opening was used for 3 seasons..... . But yeah, watching the opening, especially the random time warping scenes gave off the impression that Marimite is "just another" school girl anime.

The ending was, how do you say it..... just full of

Gahhh I've always loved the ending pictures as they were beautifully done (the yuri was just a very nice bonus), but this...this ending just blew my mind. The pictures were amazing and just beautiful. Although Marimite was always known for it's high yuri subtext, and even though the endings just kept on becoming more suggestive, I'd have to say that this ending even made me go (in a positive sense of course.) Blahhh I just can't help but go gaga over the Shimako/Noriko one. Just looking at it makes my heart turn to mush.

Musically, there wasn't anything that stood out to me. They were nice songs, but nothing very special. However, I'll probably end up liking them by the end of the season as what usually happens with songs I don't initially like.

Anyway looking forward to the subs and horray for the revival of Marimite!