View Single Post
Old 2009-01-20, 09:43   Link #1817
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
On the subject of radar, the TSAB could very much detect the AMF generating drones, so that isn't the reason they managed to sneak up on the HQ.

However, ATC, you seem to forget that the TSAB did have a Barrier in place to prevent teleporting in. Unfortunately for the TSAB, Jail had Cinque in place to sabotage it. From that point on, preventing enemies from teleporting in becomes impossible, as its obvious that Barriers that prevent entry need big generators to keep going -as evidenced by A's, in which Fate, Yuuno and Arf easilly managed to get into the Barrier created by Vita-

Teleporting enemies out has its own complications. As far as we have seen, it works by placing a circle underneath whats being teleported and porting it. Any target aware of that would simply move out of the way. Then there is also the fact that the drone AMF would interfere with the teleporting proces, rendering it inacurate, if not impossible.

From my point of view, the strategical error you are maiking is that you seem to be aproaching Jail as an enemy army, I.E. the chances of seeing them coming are high. GDI, if you will. Instead, you should try to treat Jail as a terrorist group. Like Stealth GLA. You have no idea where they are, no idea where they are coming from, and no idea where or when they will strike until they are there. Jail's drones and cyborgs made use of sewers and other undeground entrances in adition to attacking from the sky and teleporting in.

In fact, one could say that the moment Cinque destroyed the generator powering the bases main defences, the TSAB was doomed to fall. From that point, the drones were teleported in, disrupted the defensive lines, and allowing further entry by air or ground.
Little wonder when I pre-wrote the StrikerS remake of that scene I was reminded of the Nod campaign leading to the fall of that floating can in space.