View Single Post
Old 2009-02-12, 20:57   Link #1602
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post

Er... hearing them say that is probably a sufficient condition for them to be atheists, but its not a necessary condition. There are plenty of atheists who do not shout such things for various reasons. Therefore judging all atheists to be annoying because some people are shouting "I don't believe in God!" is flawed because you have no idea how many of the people you meet are atheists, since most of them don't go around shouting it, because they'd be persecuted if they did.

Persecuted by who The Truth is I think most of the atheist don't care at all about religion or god. Personnaly i will not ask someone if he is catholic since i don't care if he is. Religion, for me, is not important at all. I don't judge a man beacuse of his religion but because of what he is. That's all.

And to tell you the truth, I'm really surprised of what i read in this thread. In France, Religion is not that important (with, sadly, some exception though...). What i mean, is, here you can be catholic, it's your right but it's not something good or bad.