View Single Post
Old 2009-02-14, 10:47   Link #39
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Personally, Ein's death in Drei's path is one of the most meaningful, tragic but kick ass as she go out with a big bang in VN. But I supposed this story will never happen. The scene reminded me of last hours of Boromir from Lord of the Rings, or Leonidas last shout in 300. Beautiful scene. A zankoku-bi by itself.
This is exactly why I prefer the epic Drei ending over the still-excellent Ein ending. Ein's death in the Drei path matters. It accomplishes something. In a way it fulfills her mission, even though she's not the one to reap the rewards. She goes out with a bang, and with a sweet victory, along with a "baton pass" scene worthy of the show. Not so in the Ein ending, where Drei simply doesn't deserve what's been happening to her. Don't get me wrong, her death scene is extremely touching, and the four times I played through the game (yes, laugh at me), I'll admit that I choked up every single time at her last hurrah. It's a touching, but very bitter and empty way to die. The conclusion of a cruel and absolutely unfair hand that was dealt to her, born out of sheer desperation and leaving guilt and sadness behind in the survivor. Ein's death concludes the ultimate success, while Drei's death ends in utter failure.

So, even while I'm skeptical about her chances, I'll sure root for an upset Drei route.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote