Thread: I like 2D Girls
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-04, 23:53   Link #39
Woodchips
つかれた!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Actually, not all the animes depicte women that most of the guys want to get as GF IRL.
I never said that men wanted them as romantic interests, I only said that, due to the industry, it represented a more male-skewed representation of women and was therefore more likely to be idealistic.

Quote:
I don't know a lot of men who would be ok to date a conservative girl and respect said girl principles, in comparison to the number of men who want an easy going GF. I don't have much experience in anime, but for example, not all animes depicte submissive and too nice girls who would do everything to please a boy.
Again, I said nothing about dating. I used a much broader term. For an example see how mothers in anime are portrayed. Very idealised there. And I think you're simplifying men's tastes talking about a 'submissive' and 'nice' girls. Mens' preference in women varies as significantly as womens' taste in men -- just because they're not the same type doesn't make them less idealised. I think you're trying to skew what I said off on a different tangent. The OP originally asked about why women in real life seemed to hate one another.

Quote:
Actually, there are also some animes that depicte male characters that some women IRL would see as "perfect guys".
Same argument as above. Tastes vary and all that. And I think in my post I mentioned that because it is escapism men and women are idealised.
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote