View Single Post
Old 2009-04-06, 18:31   Link #49
AnimeFangirl

What you saw as "visibly agitated" I saw as "mildly discomfited." As I said, it's only natural to feel a little jealousy when your best friend of the opposite sex finds a romantic interest. You know the dynamic is going to change, you're not going to see them as much as you used to, plus your manly/womanly pride is slightly wounded. It's natural.

And suggesting that he never saw her as an option for him also suggests that he had feelings for her but thought she was out of his reach, which is not supported by the evidence in the anime at all. Furthermore, even if he did start considering her as an option at that point, that makes her just that, "an option." To jump from "an option" to ZOMG BRIDE FOR LYFE, WORD within 2 or 3 episodes is ridiculous. It's just too sudden. If his feelings for her were that strong we'd have had more than a inkling of it all along. At least we would have, if this was the better sort of story.

Even furthermore, why am I still posting about this? And at 11:30 no less, I need to get to bed.