View Single Post
Old 2009-04-10, 22:26   Link #18
zero1328
(1+3)*2=8

Maybe I have to look into it more or something, but one thing I always keep half a mind on is simply getting the word out about it, and also making sure they listen alongside hearing.

I think most people who buy DVDs don't know about online streaming, and maybe people who get things through a convoluted mess of every online channel except for Crunchyroll or Tokyo Toshokan, don't know about Crunchyroll or TT.

The market won't evolve if no one knows that it's evolving. I'm not from the US and I've never been; I don't know the "scene" over there, but it's probably the same as Australia or anywhere else. This is pretty general, but the more common anime consumer are probably like what I described, and probably won't care too much about semantics as long as they get the content. At the very least, I know a few friends who are somewhat like that.

I think that that was why you said that they've forgotten that we're a "much friendlier type of pirate", getfresh. We're lumped together, because it's all just piracy in the end. But each individual fansubber has a completely different motivation to make them create, rather than only consume. Perhaps "create" and "consume" are the keywords? I don't know if you went over that in last year's panel, though; I should probably look it up again.

On that note, I think distributing companies from countries other than the US could put some input, too. Like Madman Entertainment, for the Aussies. Opinions could differ by country, too.
zero1328 is offline   Reply With Quote