Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-10, 22:49   Link #2902
Taigyth
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Would that be your interpretation of another world? As far as I'm concerned, they just went back in time. The betsu no sekai, as far as I recall, was the other sybillae's interpretation of their fate. This could be backed up by a missing piece of the puzzle I haven't completely figured out yet: What did exactly Dominura see inside the Simoun? Did she foresaw the fact that she was the one who brought it to that world?

And the refusal to choose gender strengthens the case even more, since Dominura is as unsure as Neviril about it throughout the whole series. She simply makes up her mind earlier, but arrives to the same answer (her relationship with Limone is key, Limone being much, much younger and becoming somewhat of an image to aspire to for Dominura). She is just unable to achieve what Neviril and Aaeru accomplished (the true eternal maiden). For refusing to choose her gender and her inability to reach an ethereal eternity, she becomes an outcast.

I'm not saying you absolutely must not do it, I'm saying it just doesn't make much sense and will not help your enjoyment of the series, because the point of the series is not to force religious propaganda down your throat (neither was that Eureka Seven's case, either).
It's made pretty clear that Onashia wasn't able to become an eternal maiden. As much as it would be cool for her to be Dominura, it's highly doubtful.
Taigyth is offline   Reply With Quote