View Single Post
Old 2009-04-22, 16:46   Link #346
Hanzoman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Simple, the story has its own trends that change in time, so this is creating a trend among the posters and the posts being made. Even though you say you have been reading far longer than you post, I find it difficult to believe considering your initial post. Either you were coming here to get an update or you weren't reading carefully.
The trend is irrelevent to the double standard I pointed out, no matter how the story changes. There have been people who have compulsivley stated their problems with a certain character becoming what they define as “too strong”, but now that another certain character has gained powers that, not only are at least as about as powerful, but have no negative side effects, not only do they not complain, they praise the author’s writing as if it was bad before; simply because their apparent favorite character wasn’t as powerful as they wanted, it seems.
And, please show me this post you speak of; explaining how you can actually determine that I wasn’t reading along longer than I’ve been posting.
Quote:
You need to evaluate things in order and should not expect the same response when you see similar things over time. The first time balance changes among the characters and an overpower is introduced, it is quite normal to get unsatisfactory responses. But, in time, people get used to it. And similar kind of power-ups, or even higher power-ups to the originally powered-up characters may not create a similar response. You cannot reset people and assume they know nothing about the story when they come posting here. And if they know, they are more prepared to see outrageous changes in the storyline or in the character development.
“May not create a similar response?” We’ve been getting complaints for even the most subtle improvements or changes, such as a mere change of clothes. Tell me, when do they suddenly get used to powerful improvements? Right when their favorite character gains them?
Quote:
If you want to discuss then start a discussion, and you will find people discussing about those. You cannot expect other people to start discussion on these things, especially the ones who got used to this so much that they would not see it as an emergency act to make that point. Instead they would most act to respond.
There have been many, many discussions over naruto’s powerups, even before he actually received them. But I wasn’t referring to lack of discussion, but the lack of complaints and dissatisfaction in those discussions; from people who supposedly hate or have problems with "hax" jutsu. ...Or at least they did before.
Quote:
Also, you shouldn't compare two things as if they are the same. Sharingan has been around since the beginning of the series, and it has been available for critic, analysis and other things for a much longer time . So, when the same thing gets power-ups over and over again, of course it is bound to create a lot of discussion. That is not the case for senjutsu. It is something new, it appeared out of nowhere. But that won't change the fact that the more you hear and see of that, the more you will find the negative points about it.
I am not speaking of the sharingan specifically; I am speaking of Sasuke gaining strength. Besides, the horde of complaints given about Sasuke gaining Orochimaru’s powers(especially the skin shedding) falsifies your point here since that was brand new; as well as “Kirin”. As soon as he received them and/or used them, there were all sorts of complaints and ranting of how “overpowered” these techniques are.

Last edited by Hanzoman; 2009-04-22 at 17:01.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote