Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-02, 01:53   Link #2432
The Guy Named Zeo
stuff written here

Send a message via MSN to The Guy Named Zeo
Bullies don't like it when you stand up for yourself in anyway, and I think in the article the kid had probably tried what Gudio suggested instead of violence, but when that doesn't using physical force as a means to defend yourself from a bully is something that has always happened.

In my case I couldn't use the buddy system as I was the new kid and remained that for years and because of being the new kid and being bullied I couldn't make friends because nobody wanted anything to do with me. In my experience with bullies the teachers just watched or looked away until the victim decided to fight back, and than they broke it up and made the victims feel ashamed for defending themselves. I know that this is just what I have experienced and have seen, and now these people that have bullied me are now people that I trust. I'm just going on personal experience when I say that telling an adult doesn't help and maybe in the case of the kid in the article it didn't and physical force was required, but yeah the fact that he was charged for assault causing bodily harm is just wrong. Walking away may not give the intended result as some bullies will just believe that they have won by making you leave, unless you show that what they have done has not brought you down in the least.

When faced with a bully always stand up for yourself and don't let them take away your self-worth or your confidence, but if they corner you and start swinging just start defending yourself.

Edit: I forgot to add that even if you use the buddy system, all a bully has to do is get you alone before they start acting tough, usually they do this with a group of people with them. Remember if all else fails confronting a bully one on one can strike fear in them as they usually are cowards, you don't need to use physical force to do it, but show that they don't scare you and if they want to fight you, backing down from a fight can either make it worse or do nothing positive about it. Don't start a fight with them or do anything to become a bully yourself, but if they are just trying to get a group of people that are around them to be impressed by their strength, sometimes it's a bluff, but that depends on the type of bully.