View Single Post
Old 2009-05-13, 18:00   Link #9192
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm not complaing so much about Gin getting his moment.

It's just that the story as a whole feels like it's dragging to me. The pacing feels really slow and kind of boring compared to how the first season felt.
I'm going to refrain from telling you to go and drop the manga if you feel that way about it... but keep a few things in mind:

One, S1 was already out for a while by the time half of us got to it... i.e., you had more chapters to read. If you want to draw a parallel between the two seasons, Fairy Tale is to S2 what Anti-Thesis was to S1. Things got interesting when we really started getting involved with Anti-thesis... but it still took a bit before the whole Hokuto business (I somehow suspect that Miyabi is the Hokuto of this season, though only in terms of power). We're probably somewhere around the point story-wise when Tsukune first made use of his vampire powers on his own to protect moka... and as I said earlier, those chapters were already out in Japanese, and then we got weekly translations. We have no such luck here... we have to patiently wait for each chapter, so yes, things will drag.

That, and introducing a new character does slow things down, because you gotta develop them... I'm sure once Fairy Tale starts becoming the mainstream arc, things will pick up.

And as a side note, one must remember, you can please some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all the time (though with this series, I'm definitely in the first part of that saying)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote