View Single Post
Old 2009-05-19, 04:49   Link #60
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's good people are able to notice that. I mean yeah sure it's pretty obvious what it is she is doing, though i'm glad people are actually coming forth and saying it. First she used her 'jumping to conclusion' thought that Hayate had a girlfriend, thus meaning she's not allowed to get anyway near him and she can shut off her own feelings,[...]
I honestly don't think that Hina was lying to herself. Remember her monologue in bed. Hina is confused and "always had Hayate in the corner of her eye", as she put it in this episode. Also, on two occasions she started a line with "But why is it that (I'm feeling happiness/relief)". It's rather that she notices that part of her feels happy to hear that Hayate is NOT off limits after all, but she can't quite connect the dots yet. And in the end of the episode, she credibly concludes that it's their similar past which drew her towards Hayate (and not some romantic intentions).

In a nutshell, I don't think that Hina is in active denial. She simply doesn't consider Hayate as boyfriend material yet. This is a very gradual process, and we're merely at the beginning.

Quote:
[...] and now it's the "i'll support you" line. That one's not a strong as the first, though thanks to that it shouldn't last long.
*laughs and weeps at the same time at that*

...to be continued.