View Single Post
Old 2009-05-24, 11:08   Link #157
Master Mold
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
Since when did the opinion of what fans want become the absolute prediction? Authors tends to have unexpected twists in stories

And please don't say it is "logical" that it will happen; it will only happen IF the author wants it too no matter how logical it may be to the majority of the readers.

Cheers =D
They didn't speak as if it was a prediction. I've been against what the masses want to happen. Since day 1. But hey if I wasn't here to toss wrenches in the wee all are in agreement discussion thread it would be kinda dull around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Whitebeards era would end. I'd say that makes a huge impact for his side. And Whitebeard could sacrifice himself to give Luffy the chance to save Ace, two birds with one stone.

Or vice versa, Luffy could help Whitebeard save Ace, earning him the gratitude of one of the most powerful pirates on the ocean. That certainly wouldn't hurt his journey to become the Pirate King.
What ever happens happens, I hope for the results to be good. Heck Luffy is still on level 4 of Impel Down, has yet to beat Magellan.

Quote:
Whitebeard is an important person in the One Piece world, but as a character in a story he is a supporting character at best. To call someone a 'fanboy' because the main character of the story gets the spotlight rather than a supporting character is simply ridiculous.
For Luffy to always get the spot light and up stage characters who really don't get there long over due shine, is the crime.

Quote:
He ravaged Impel Down. I'd say he did.
Ravaged Impel Down =/= War.

Quote:
And Whitebeard saving Ace while Luffy can only watch, thus making all his efforts in Impel Down in vain, would fiercely disappoint me.
I don't think you where disappoint when Whitebeard met up with shanks or when the Blackbeard vs Ace happened where Luffy was no where to be found. Or when Zoro saved Luffy's ass at Thiller Bark. Point is, Luffy don't have to do everything, and be involved in everything to make it good.

Infact, Lets discuss Luffy making his way out of Impel Down Fun house, before we discuss him being able to pull a Solid Snake on us and save Ace.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-05-24 at 11:54.