View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 16:06   Link #1541
Valentine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nih View Post
The red text does prevent Rosa from opening the envelope before the morning of October 5th. It was stated that Rosa opened it "this morning" and that from the time Maria recieved it until it was opened it did not pass through anyone's hands. That includes Rosa.
Something you're missing there. It wasn't stated that when Rosa opened the envelope in the morning to get the key that it was the first time she'd opened it. If she opened it after midnight, used it to lock the chapel, returned it to the envelope, and opened it again in the morning to retrieve the key, that wouldn't conflict with any red text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nih View Post
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember any red text that explicitly stated the letter was opened "the next day".
"Starting when Maria's key was received, and until the instant Rosa unsealed it the next day, it passed through no one's hands."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There is no red text that states when the first twilight happened. It could have happened on the 4 october before midnight.

As for waking up the children it's not like your theory is different you still need to imagine someone going inside the cousin's room when they are sleeping.
True enough that we don't have red text about when the first twilight happened, but we do know that the kids stayed up late into the night talking, so it still shouldn't have been possible for someone to deliver a second letter to Maria before midnight but after the first twilight without them knowing.

I don't think sneaking into the room to steal the letter from Maria's handbag can really be considered as difficult to do without waking the cousins as waking up Maria to deliver the letter to her, but I suppose I can let that one go.
Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote