View Single Post
Old 2009-06-30, 20:21   Link #2168
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
I don't think Metaphors work. I think what is said in Red is the actual LITERAL truth. However, it's not a collective, all encompassing truth. There are two worlds vying for control, the Anti-Fantasy and the Anti-Mystery. In the Anti-Fantasy world, a human is the culprit, and the red truth reflects that. In the Anti-Mystery, the Witch is the culprit, and the red truth reflects that.
Basically, when Beatrice says anything about herself in red, she's only talking about the Anti-Mystery world. For example, in episode 2, she says The letter I gave Maria. This doesn't work in the real world, because Beatrice does not exist there (if you'd like to know, she said Warawa, which is Beatrice's favored way of addressing herself). It's possible then that this is a lie in red... the letter BEATRICE gave her is one way, but the letter in anti-fantasy that was given to her might be different ;D

But point is, if Beatrice said I exist, I can do magic, then that only applies to the Fantasy world.
Also, when she says You are incompetent!... that's quite true! Battler had no idea what he was doing, and couldn't fight toe to toe with the witch. Red has never been said to be an absolute unchanging truth. He was incompetent then, but he might be competent now. The future rewrites the past and all~
Squirrellord is offline   Reply With Quote