View Single Post
Old 2009-07-13, 17:58   Link #101
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well, there is the added irony in that she hasn't has any real friend since she has never deemed any prior opportunity as valid ones to go after, and this was made blatantly clear even in novel 1 when Taniguchi reflected on Haruhi. There is something magical about that act of doing homework with others for Haruhi, which is obvious. Although what has been said about exactly what is the nature of her own sense of closure out of this act is elusive.

dnab advocates that it is a rite of summer for Haruhi that she feels that it is to be upheld for a 'proper' closure to summer vacation, while TakariCritic muses that Haruhi is able to change her mindset through being reminded of the school year ahead. Of course, the concept that dnab has also touched on is that her own craving for social interactions are compounded into this loop and the subsequent breaking up by doing homework with her friends.

The point I wish to raise is that it could've well been that the proper use of Haruhi's otherwise unplanned, free day is important to her, as that would've meant that the SOS Brigade did not rest at any given point of that 2 weeks. This would signal her success as a planner of nonstop activities and what a well-executed blitz through the remaining weeks of summer that would be if every loose end is tied up. I raise this point since Haruhi has always loathed indecisiveness and inactivity. She is not content about wasting any 'opportunity' that appears before her, and being the person that is tempted to seize and choke destiny by the neck, Haruhi would've found relief in that the last day is spent in a frantic pace for her entire brigade as the members prepare themselves for the vigors of what's ahead of them come September. After all, post-novel 2 Haruhi looks at her brigade as integral to her personal accomplishments.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori