View Single Post
Old 2009-08-05, 23:53   Link #21086
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Yeah I'm not arguing against the point of she was fighting against Lelouch. She tried her hardest to kill him.

But it's similar to Ivan Drago at the end of Rocky 4. When he was no longer fighting for the soviets but for himself and what he believed in. If I recall correctly Kallen jumped out of formation from the army and ignored orders as soon as she could.
Doesn't change the fact she was openly opposing Lelouch and that most of the world would recognize her as an enemy to Britannia. For her to get off scott free and be made the wife of the emperor would be kind of uh...WTF.

Quote:
My point is when you're emperor of the entire world. Good or bad. Who you marry or get along with privately won't be bashed on TMZ. IMO his marriage wouldn't be an issue in the long run of his reign. If people were going to rebel for a reason it wouldn't be because of Lelouch's wife.

But for the sake of the argument. There might be a scandal that Lelouch would have to maneuver around. That actually would make things more interesting. Because if he can't get anyone to accept Kallen how will he get his plans of change across.
I think you underestimate exactly how pissed off people would be if this happened. I mean, this would be like if George Bush or Barack Obama married one of Saddam Hussein's daughters. There would be riots in the streets. Not very good for peace and stability. I mean, I guess it could happen under certain circumstances, but it would be quite tricky. In the words of Ricky Ricardo:

"Lelouch, you got alotta 'splainin to do."

Quote:
I stand before you as yvj and no other.
Fair enough. Just some humble advice.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote