View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 15:50   Link #243
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
While all that is true. Oda is bringing a new era, like you (Lonewolf) had said on my page, Oda's theme is "times will change", Hancock is weaker than Luffy. The fact that shes obsessed with him is what makes her weaker than anything else. And on top of the "trend" of Luffy's new additions being unknowns, I highly doubt you'll come across "unknown" pirates in the New World. So any addition in the New World would be most likely a person that already has a bounty. On top of that, powerful additions to the crew wouldn't be a bad thing, the New World is filled with people "who power will only exceed our wildest imagination". Strong additions would probably be what can keep them in the game. By adding to their overall strength, because as its be hinted numerous times in the manga. The New World is nothing like the Grand Line. I think another testament to the strength and experience is that a lot of even seem to have been through and/or seen a Buster Call (based on the comment said in the chapter when the Vice-Admirals were lined up). So based on all that, I don't think Pirate Empress Boa Hancock joining the Strawhats would be that much of a bad idea (or out of the realm of possibility). And as we see with Whitebeard, just because Hancock is with the Strawhats doesn't mean she can't protect her country.
You bring up good points, and she would also fall under the criterion of knowledge of the New World, as james0246 pointed out, as well as being a girl. I think it's conceivable, and the fact that she's in love with Luffy only makes it more possible. Whether or not she is or is not stronger than him remains to be seen, though, as it's quite possible that she has a lot more up her sleeve; enough that even Sengoku would be relieved when she decided to join them.

I just think that it's a little too predictable, and maybe partially redundant to have a character with an established backstory and connections to return to join the crew. Oda is usually pretty unpredictable, and so I think the next crew member will be completely out of the blue. I also don't know how well a heartless Empress would fit in with the rest of the crew. Although he DOES like to have beautiful women join the Straw Hats, lol. I would love to see it, but I'm not sold on that it will until it actually happens.