View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 23:25   Link #1381
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
That's another Cagalli weakness. Whenever anybody voices displeasure about Orb or Uzumi's ideals she just kinda freezes up and stares. As if the idea of someone not being happy with them was something uncomprehendable to her.
Do you have any examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
You challenge her security and experience, i challenge her motivation. She didn't explore the other options she could have done and simply chose the easiest, I personally call on her motivation, you on something else. It's really a matter of opinion.
But why would you pin it down to motivation? Cagalli didn't choose the easiest path, since that would have meant never taking a stand at all. And it's hardly unheard of to acede to political pressure, even to the point of doing things one hates (like marrying Yuna).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Because generally people think to save the lives of their citizens above all else. And Uzumi blew up half the island, and left his people to a occupation which kills Coordinators. I would bet most of the citizens would be upset. Then again this IS Gundam. Logic doesn't always apply.
The logic in this case is fine. Leader who think to save the lives of their citizens above all else are poor leaders. Instead, what they first have to think of is the survival of their nation. Hence, good leaders will often make decisions that will lead to their people dying as long as it's a better course for their country than the alternatives. Such leaders are often well respected especially if this means defending their nation against foreign aggression. That's true even if the defense fails. Look at Mannerheim - while he wasn't the leader of Finland (at the beginning), he held enormous political power. He fought in two hopeless wars, which ended up costing many Finnish lives, but it maintained Finland's independence. To this day, he's absolutely revered in Finland. In fact, it's almost never unpopular to resist foreign aggression; not even when the consequences for doing so are severe.