View Single Post
Old 2009-08-12, 20:32   Link #8735
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ying View Post
Hey, he wasn't the best in the final battle, but still he took Kallen out of the picture in the end(in exchange for his life... But no matter!). We can't judge Suzaku by this, Llloyd said his tests were at the best they could find. You're not the best just because you in dah hacks. You also need skill.
Suzaku has more instinct than skill, and in the final battle he was pressing the advantage of his live Geass just to keep up. Even then, he was complaining because it wasn't enough, right up until that last-ditch attack at the end. Suzaku relies on having the advantage, and whenever he loses it his attitude and performance suffers.

I might as well repeat my previous explanations. I'll try to keep it short. Suzaku starts off with the best Knightmare there is, and regardless of the context it is the only thing which is letting him beat other pilots. Stage 11 comes along and Kallen fights him in the Guren. Suddenly he's matched blow for blow, and it scares the hell out of him. He's is quite obviously desperate to stop this red monster breaking everything he throws at it. Same thing in Turn 6. The Guren can now fly and he's distressed because it obviously should not be better than his top-tier mech. Turn 18 speaks for itself really. Even in Turn 24, he sees the Guren and immediately backs up out of fear. Suzaku's confidence stems from his superiority, and when he loses the latter the former goes with it. The Geass just kept him straight.