View Single Post
Old 2009-08-25, 21:22   Link #10
RaptorZX3

Plastic boxes?? watch it, because these are not the cheap-ass NMTs i'm talking about, but powerful and quality NMTs, not some crappy no-brand or cheap ones like the Western Digital media player that lags everytime you want to play a HD movie! My NMT have a Sigma Designs SMP8635, good enough to play high-bitrate HD movies without any lags.

link to processor specs (PDF):
http://www.sigmadesigns.com/Products...SMP8630_br.pdf

NMTs are made to be a great way to watch movies, less power consuming, and also at more affordable price than buying a whole computer that would cost you 500+$

Personally i like to use my NMT to watch movies and anime episodes. DTS is also a great encoding for audio, in fact, it should be DTS or DTS-HD on the Blu-Ray disc.

so then why PMPs doesn't play FLACs? mine do (SmartQ T5-II), but it's made to play AVI/MP4/RMVB/FLV/MPG movies, not MKV movie containers with FLAC-encoded audio, it doesn't play HD videos, but i'm waiting for SmartDevices to release a good-enough PMP right now

i prefer to say PMP (Portable Media Player), since they're not only MP3 players now, but multimedia players.