View Single Post
Old 2009-09-05, 16:45   Link #88
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
In the drama CD, I recall her disgust during Nao & Natsuki's rather... erm, compromising-pose in the shower room
I think anyone would have been in disgust having walked in what they would assume to be an "act of carnal pleasures" regardless of whether you're gay or straight. And both were pretty exposed according to the CD track.

Haruka walks in on Natsuki and Nao just as Nao pounced on her and that is what Haruka had witnessed. It doesn't necessarilly mean that she is disgusted by two women being together. Afterall...she went to Garderobe...where it's almost "expected" to have kind of a relationship at some point. At least for quite a few of the students. And she was well aware of Shizuru's preference to the point where she and even Yukino even "helped" Natsuki and Shizuru get together due to a misunderstanding and self-realization on their parts. That was on the CD track that consists of Shizuru's Memoirs.

Quote:
On the other hand, Haruka seems to think that she is a man But she gets red-faced and embarrassed when a little boy made a marriage proposal Being straight is one thing, but I sincerely hope she is not shota-con

I am glad they made her Otome, it was just that much funnier.

I remember that omake. I think she was just flattered that "ANYONE" would even be remotely interested in her. While she had admirers in Garderobe (refer back to CD track with Shizuru's memoirs when Haruka was walking towards Natsuki and about to claim her as a heya-gakkari. You actually hear students squealing over her presence followed by squeals for Shizuru), Shizuru of course had even more.

But I do agree that that the relationship between Haruka and Yukino in Otome had Haruka acting like the "man" of the relationship...whatever their relationship actually consisted of. It was at least pretty clear that in Zwei, and even the last episodes of Otome the TV series, that Yukino was her top priority.

Quote:
(OTOH, I never read any ShizuNat fanfics, and I guess I should never start)
Oh and yeah...if you want to keep the integrity of Yoshino-san and Obara-san's original work then it's probably best to stay away from fanfiction lol. You'll realize just how many people don't have respect for "anime" as a whole and you probably wouldn't recognize Natsuki and Shizuru characterizations much less any of the others since they're basically stories about couples that just so happen to share the same names of the Mai Hime/Otome characters.

Let's face it...fanfiction sometimes ruins things like perceptions and is just meant for anyone who can't accept what the original creators conceive. And fanfiction is also part of the huge ShizNat problem that got out of hand the past few years. The fandom would have been a tad more respectable had it not been for the delusional bias that the fans seem to have aqcuired.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼

Last edited by lone_wolf; 2009-09-05 at 17:00. Reason: forgot the other quote