View Single Post
Old 2009-09-26, 09:08   Link #2066
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Ok, so by that logic, if i hand a monkey a gun, and it uses it and accidentally shoots another monkey without knowing how to use it, then i punish it by restricting its food would that be fair? yes the gun could help the monkey. But it had no comprehension of how it works. Lets say further this monkey saw someone use the gun to shoot someone else and steal their food, thereby thinking this is how a gun should be used, and is then punished for shooting another monkey. Is that different than being tempted by another to sin or led astray without the proper tools to fight it?

Ignoring all of that, if god gives me a tool,say free will, and doesn't help me use it properly, say by allowing me to give into temptation or be fooled by a false prophet, and punishes me when i had no chance to do the right thing, then why should i praise him and follow a religion?
Animals have no sense of morality. They are not responsible for anything. Laws mean nothing to them. A dog can be trained to fetch sticks or attack anyone coming close. Both cases have nothing to do with morality. There is no right or wrong in terms of morality. Only response by others defines that, which can be mistaken or misused. Vikings thought it was an honour to kill and plunder. Based on their set of religion and way of life, they were right and Christians with their morality were wrong.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote