View Single Post
Old 2009-10-13, 05:21   Link #288
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
As a manga reader though, I can say that FT meets the conditions for a lot of filler, and every show eventually gets some so as not to catch up to the manga in the future. After watching the episode again, the voices fit in if you got no expectations beforehand, although the battle scenes do need a lot of work.
Well it meets the conditions if you consider it will be ongoing like Bleach Naruto and OP. Otherwise there is no need for fillers. They can make do with the things they have for at least 70 episode and they can cut if off right after one of the arcs to make a season two later.

Of course the anime would probably look good to someone that has no idea about the manga and the characters but at least half the people watching it will have read the manga beforehand and well if you have it just looks bad. Most of the things that made FT interesting, epic and yet fun were those character designs and the way that they were drawn. here they are simplified and just look childish.

And the fight scenes....they weren't intense at all. Again there were somewhat like a joke. You didn't get the same feelings form Natsu as you did in the manga. It was just too plain, happy and colerfull. And the flow was really interupted with those seal thingies.

Well I guess they don't have the resource to make it as good as the manga or they just don't want to for some strange reason.

And for those of you that compare it to Rave Master - the mangaka is the same. I haven't watched the anime but the characters are similar and some are even used in FT. Though I do think that FT has an interesting plot and it's worth reading (the manga I mean)
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote