View Single Post
Old 2009-10-21, 19:34   Link #375
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Personally I'm really enjoying this adaption, even with the cuts, but that's probably mainly because I really abhor the shoujo artsyle and shoujo anime tend to streamline the art a lot more. ...Which makes it much more enjoyable for those of us who dislike the sparkles and stars and bubbles and all that stuff flying all over the place, like myself. Well, the anime does have its fair share of that, too, much to my chagrin, but it's of a much more tolerable level in the anime. ...Of course, my apologies to those who do like the shoujo style, but for a series like Kimi ni Todoke, which is very cute, centers around a very cute and budding relationship, and is rather heartwarming, I'm glad that I'm able to watch it without muttering to myself "ignore the artstyle, pretend you don't see it, etc." with every page. Heh, in that respect, shoujo series are the only ones which I prefer their anime over their manga, which is really strange for me, because in all other respects, I'm a staunch manga purist. But the artstyle really does get to me, so it's nice to see a more streamlined version of the series.

In terms of this past episode, I didn't think Pin's staring gag was too ambiguous, although I obviously also knew it from the manga. Still, it wasn't too obscure to be noticed, so I didn't think it was too much of a problem, even for the anime-only audience. The note-passing scene was done very well; that was one of the funnier scenes in the manga, so I'm glad they pulled it off well. Heh, "MUSHI!"; nice, Kazehaya. And she's finally appeared, the "french doll" who irritates me to no end and causes problems. I'm expecting this next arc to take two episodes, with the pacing they've been going at thus far. Also, I'm looking forward to seeing more Ryuu screentime in the future.
Change of Pace is offline   Reply With Quote