View Single Post
Old 2009-10-22, 19:28   Link #128
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Nobody outside of New York knows A-Rod, but everyone know Lebron, Yao and Kobe.
Believe me, sports fans living in an American League city know who A-Rod is, and so do lots of other people. He had an affair with Madonna, of all people, but apparently has moved on to Kate Hudson. I'm a Red Sox fan and thus have no love for A-Rod, but you just need to watch some talk shows on ESPN to know that he's pretty famous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg1942 View Post
I could care less about baseball until i saw the Korean vs Japan in World Baseball Classic this year.
Yeah, and Daisuke couldn't pitch for sh*t after throwing out his arm in the Classic. We had to put him on the DL for a month or two while he recovered. I'd like to see the Classic move to a four-year rotation, but the marketing staff at Major League Baseball see $$$ from overseas markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I predict that Phillies are going to win the World Series again,.
Well, I'd be happy to see the Yankees lose, but I'm not betting against them. On August 1st the Yanks were 62-42 and just one game ahead of the Red Sox. When the season ended, they were 103-59, giving them a record of 41-17 over the last two months of the season. That's the type of performance for which the term "juggernaut" was invented.

We don't like the Yankees much in these parts, but you have to give them their due. We took the first eight games of the eighteen we played against them; they took nine of the last ten.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote