Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 08:36   Link #11745
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
The one thing lots of people miss about the whole deal of harem endings is that they're looking in the wrong places were they've been successful as well as monogamous endings.

No manga in my experience, at least the mainstream shounen mangas, will ever really have a good harem ending.

The place to look for those, are of but two sources, one of them being H-manga, chock full of adult language and sex, and the other source are visual novels, chock full of adult language and sex. Both play to the tune of monogamous and polygamous relations, and effectively make them work both ways.
Yeah.. that there lies in the true benefit of a harem ending. And I'm sure there are plenty of h-manga with harem endings seeing how its every guy's dream to have more than one girl at a time.

Quote:
It's obvious that things are playing to the tune of "the first girl wins" rule, as the theme goes. This is, in my opinion, way too common a theme for many mangas, and it would be refreshing to see an ending where Moka doesn't win, or things fall into place for a harem end being an alternative to a "hollow" victory for whoever would have won anyway.
But there has been chemistry between Moka & Tsukune all along. So, its not like she'll win just because she was the first or the title character, it doesn't feel as cliche as it really is.