View Single Post
Old 2009-11-13, 03:24   Link #27
QED
Quod Erat Demonstrandum

Send a message via AIM to QED
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanc View Post
Oh god, that's the problem - I am a design and animation graduate student, yes, BUT we can't just go animate or create interface designs or installations willy-nilly, they have to have substance and purpose....

The audience must be identified and the contribution to said audience must be established and executed in a thoughtful, logical way...

so in other words, in order to do an animation, which is inspired by slice of life, which is what I want to do, I must give it a purpose.

and I've decided this purpose should be to provide western anime fans a presence in the media they love...

by doing an anime-style piece with a western protagonist who gets to live within a japanese realm, if only temporarily...

i like to think this image sums things up nicely
So, what do you hope to accomplish by allowing this Western presence in this piece, apart from fulfilling an alleged Western craving? I think you mentioned something about a dissatisfaction or disillusionment before...

I think I have a fair idea of what's going on, but it would help if you could state it concisely.
QED is offline   Reply With Quote