Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 18:53   Link #4906
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
Yeah I mean it's not like the Soviet Union funded communist insurgencies the world over. It's not like China invaded any of their neighboring countries like say India or Vietnam or conquered Tibet.
For one thing, this really has diverted from the original topic, which was to say that democracies and dictatorships aren't all that different to begin with, just that democracies are more subtle in their approach to subjugate the masses. But if you really think only communists do that, think again. US and its presence in Vietnam, which was a bad mistake, was an attempt at spreading their brand of democracy, just as they had tried doing in Iraq. Democracies also have their share of bloodshed.

Quote:
Germany didn't have all that territory during WWI either. That war lasted four years and resulted in more than 15 million deaths. The Germans also didn't invade France through the Rhineland. The main invasion crossed the low countries just like in WWI. France and Britain were not about to risk starting another war a mere 2 decades later over that. They were also not prepared for war yet either. Not to mention you're blaming France and Britain for starting WWII because they refused to start the war earlier. Surely you can see the flaw in that logic.
Hitler was also partly to blame but if the allies hadn't taken so much from Germany following the Treaty of Varsailles. He was the result of discontented Germans following impossible reparation costs which, if Germany abided by them, wouldn't have ended until the 80's. None of that would've happened if the Germans weren't stripped to that extent.

Quote:
Explain to me how tons of airplane material vanished into thin air after hitting the Pentagon. Explain to me the crash site in Pennsylvania where there was nothing left of the plane at all. All of these occurences are part of 9/11 as well, not only the twin towers.