View Single Post
Old 2004-08-09, 20:36   Link #46
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-hogan
Any tips to shorten the time would be appreciated , as it looks like I've got two other LD series (Macross 7 and Legend of the Galatic Heroes) to start soon.
You have my deepest sympathy for having to retweak the colours on Luminance Of Grotesque Horror. I've got a built in TBC on my LD player, and box one *still* has washout up the wazoo. Then box two gets darker...boxes 3-6 are all fine, though, as the transfer improved with the animation and the rest of the show's budget. My best suggestion to you would be to do the colour tweaking BEFORE the LD source goes through the Genlock, via some sort of TBC/Corrections board. It'll set you back a fair deal of cash, but you can make corrections in realtime, and really will look best. This will also keep the subtitles from being darkened while doing other corrections (I've had some trouble reading the subs in Touch from a distance at times because of how dark they've gotten...perhaps up the font size and shrink the shadow/border by one or two points?).

As far as the Mac7 LDs, I've only got #10 and #11, but they both look pretty damn good as-is, so they shouldn't need much cleaning up (if any).

Finally, thanks for sticking to the LD version of LoGH. The artistic retcon for the DVDs looks nasty.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote