View Single Post
Old 2009-12-18, 17:29   Link #1185
scr
my sides are in orbit

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17 View Post
Ep. 11.

Did you guys notice how perfectly each character's behavior fits that character's personality in this eppie? It's kinda exemplary implementation of heteroglossia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heteroglossia). Especially it applies to Cecily's actions. There were quite a few scenes in the episode in which she did things nobody else could do, like attacking Siegfried without a second thought, or walking on that table, or rushing to Lisa at the first opportunity in order to apologize to her.

Also, was kinda surprised to see an episode constructed around characters' feelings. Or, rather, feeling, emotions, characters' personalities were the things that moved the plot forward in this eppie. (I know it sounds kinda vague, I'll write later about it if I have time ^^)

Pity that with all the good things this ep. didn't make strong impact on me. Still this series is far from perfect in its execution...

That said, I just can't see the second season of SnB. Will they end the plot in the next ep. or not - the second season won't sell.
I think what you wanted to say is that Cecily is so a Mary Sue.
Especially note the discussion about Mary Sue as Idealized Character.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote