Thread: Avatar
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-30, 19:26   Link #107
Nosauz

So my godfather took me to see this movie, I have to admit, visually the movie is breath taking, but in the end the movie fell flat, character development was a minimal, the people had very little interaction and I think that if they had cut out the whole love relationship this movie could have possibly swept the oscars. Also the movie lacked any tension, although sully is doing these death defying feats I felt no fear, no possibility that he would die, instead it deflated everything he did. He was superman and his nemesis was a plush poodle. Really the story was average, the acting very subpar. What's the point of having sygornie weaver to have her in like 20% of the scenes doing nothing but playing an unchanging character that never even gets close to the mad scientist she is supposed to portray.

The thing is Cameron portrays the military as a bunch of gungho trigger happy monkeys, and that the corporate head is the one who is "compassionate" relative to the sargent. In the end the characters are 1 dimensional, they don't have depth, sully's change is supposed to be dramatic, so much so that he sacrifices the life he has known to live with the people that he has found. Also cameron completely ignores the idea that cloning creates something that itself inherently has a soul unless the beings are supposed to be dolls, because in the end none is really defined. Why does the pilot defect? She's so characterless that I forgot her name after just watching the movie. I wonder why. The movie is a good movie, but it really isn't great or anything above say District 9 or hell even star trek was better.

Last edited by Nosauz; 2009-12-30 at 19:38.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote