View Single Post
Old 2010-03-27, 18:44   Link #7190
J the Drafter

I have some thoughts on Lambda and Ep. 5

I think that the strategy behind Lambda's game backfired when she was forced to use it against Bernkastel. Remember, the fifth game was originally intended to fight Battler instead. When Battler dropped out, Lambdadelta accepted Bernkastel as her new opponent. Lambdadelta's game was well suited to hammering Battler with the idea that Natsuhi was the culprit in order to force Battler to accept the witch. Once Bernkastel stepped into the human side in Battler's place, however, Lambda was forced to play an opponent who didn't care about the people on the island, while using a board that strongly suggested Natsuhi's guilt. Lambda spent the rest of the game trying to escape the mess she'd created.

1. She's responsible for Dlanor's respect for Battler; Lambda arranged that fight between Knox and the Battler piece, which showed Dlanor what kind of person Battler was.
2. Lambda created the story of the mysterious caller, which gave Battler an alternative culprit to attack and prevented the "Natsuhi culprit-theory" from being absolute. (Can you imagine the board if Lambda hadn't created those phone scenes? We wouldn't have any reason not to believe Natsuhi had committed the murders, and we wouldn't have any way of constructing an alternate theory if we did.)
3. She gave Battler the image of a living Kinzo, when there was no way he could see such as thing if his viewpoint was honest, so that he could know and prove he wasn't the detective.
4. Finally, the story Lambdadelta chooses to weave is one that portrays Natsuhi as a person dedicated to protecting the honor of the Ushiromiya family, and a woman who loves her husband. In other words, Natsuhi is shown as someone who would never commit the murders she stood accused of.

The remembrance that Lambda created the Dlanor-Piece!Battler fight, and therefore gave Dlanor reasons to respect Battler, was the first thing that set me on this theory, but the other three facts that I'm using as evidence ocurred to me later.
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote