View Single Post
Old 2010-04-12, 19:15   Link #110
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Starting over since my reflection was deleted as I was writing it.

Spoiler for reflections so far:

Gotta take a break....I'll be back to finish up the movie (thank god I have this option), but it's easily the best thing that Kyoto Animation has produced in a long time even if I want to most of the characters to suffer some horrible fate and for the pacing to pick up already. Strip all the hype/fanboyism away from this affair and I think we still actually have something going here for a change which is a huge relief and surprise. Of course the night and the movie is still young.....

Spoiler for continuing on from the 30 minute mark:

This is dragging pretty bad at this point as I had heard it would from some of the reviews I've read and the Daily Show is coming on so I'm going to go take another break. I get the feeling it's about to finally pick up though so hopefully that is the case when I get back in 30.

Good episode of the Daily Show...well back to the movie then.

Spoiler for From the 1:20 minute mark:

Finally made it to the two hour mark and I guess I'm ready for the finale. Right now I'm thinking that it's not so much Disappearance that is the highlight of this franchise so much as any part surrounding the events that took place during the Tanabata Festival and Kyon getting a chance to be the anime equivalent Marty Mcfly. Going to take one more break and then come back to finish this off once and for all.

Alright let's finish this off:

Spoiler for From the 2 hour mark:

Well that was overall pretty darn good considering how the first hour went. The first part as I mentioned dragged horribly and really made me question whether I wanted to continue watching, but it eventually got going and ended up being well worth my time. I kind of equate it to the anime equivalent of Avatar along with the obvious comparisons to Back To The Future Part II I mentioned. Gorgeous animation quality, decentish story with a few inconsistencies and plot holes here and there that make you question the whole thing by the end. Certainly a far way from the masterpiece it's been hyped as (no surprise) but kind of feels like my first summer blockbuster of the year all the same. Enjoyed parts of it, suffered through others, will probably forget about it soon enough.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-04-13 at 01:16.