View Single Post
Old 2010-04-17, 05:54   Link #71
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonito View Post
Hi guys!~ It's me again~ Just wanted to tell you taht I'm still playing and looking for a good electric guitar. I was listening to some opinions from friends and I just wonder which type of guitar to get. I read that the most versatile are Stratocaster's ones (mostly fender) but some ppl say that an Ibanez would be good for me because of my music interests. The music I like is mostly anime ones, let's say haruka kanata (or everything from asian kungfu generation), butterfly (amazing digimon first op), I algo like Queen (the only Non-anime music i use to listen to), pegasus phantasy, K-on, etc. So, which type of guitar do you think it would be better for me to get? ( I was thinking in Ibanez cause they use to have 2 single coils and 1 humbucker or a strato cause ppl say they are versatile... but... I'm asking ehre cause im not really sure and my guitar level is not high enough to go and play something I like at the music store to see if that's the sound.... I mean... I'd love to play butterfly but... as they say.. "Mada mada..." :P...
I wold reaaaaally like some opinions on this, plz ^^.
Thanks !
Well I know this is already one month old but I'll still express myself :P

Fender stratocaster and gibson les paul the most widely known, used and sold guitars I'd say.
You choose them according to your style, likings and love.

When I bought my second electric guitar, I was really into an American Stratocaster, I tested it over and over and its very clean and dry sound was really good, I loved it. But I realized I wanted something different when I played the SG and the Les Paul, I wanted the Les Paul warm and natural sound. It's all about what sounds good to you and what calls you most.

I own a valvetronix amp, an old korg pedal (like 10 or 15 years old) and a Gibson Les Paul Custom (Gary Moore 2009), and I am very happy with the sound it produces, even though I'd like to change my pickups for some seymour-duncan hot rodded set someday.

I also looked to Ibanez and other brands, but I didn't go very well with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Nah i would not say that, D chord is just difficult too use at first, but when you get further you will actually like it very much since it has very beautiful sound too it.
You guys are the first to say it, when I started to play I only had problems with the F, B and sharp major chords... I think the D chord is only hard when transposed. I had an hard time to do the G using my pinky too...

In terms of guitarists, I respect Yngwie Malmsteen, Van Halen, John Petrucci, Paul Gilbert and Eric Johnson a lot.

Caldron is offline   Reply With Quote